Product Portfolio Management: The Basics
Master the fundamentals and most important methods
In today’s competitive corporate landscape, implementing and executing the proper portfolio strategy makes all the difference. This program offers an overview of the principles of product portfolio management to help you optimise your decisions for a successful portfolio.
Overview of the principles of product portfolio management
Deployment of product portfolio techniques: 4 field matrix vs. 9 field matrix, product lifecycle management.
The pitfalls of product portfolio techniques.
Identifying uncertainties and dealing with non-transparent markets.
Internal and external positioning strategies.
Relevant qualitative and quantitative measures for making keep or drop decisions.
Deriving measures from possible strategic options.
Evaluating the pros and cons of available options.
The impact of trade-offs on the portfolio, internal processes, and customers.
Plan of execution
Plan of portfolio measures: Sales, communication, and pricing.
Resource allocation and bottleneck identification.
Recommendations for implementation.
Financial appraisal: Cost-benefit analysis, assumptions, budget allocation.
Defining strategic and operational goals, the link to portfolio objectives.
Requirements for key performance indicators, pros and cons.
The KPI implementation process.
Identification of appropriate performance indicators for measuring portfolio success and securing internal execution.
Internal and external stakeholder analysis.
Improving cooperation, negotiating binding agreements.
In an interactive setting, you will
- acquire the necessary skills and techniques for evaluating product portfolios.
- learn to prioritize keep or drop decisions.
- hone your implementation skills.
- become aware of the specific characteristics of B2B portfolios.
- know how to analyse your business environment, markets/customers.
- learn to position and promote segment specific portfolio offerings to target customers and gain a competitive advantage.
- learn how to develop a plan of action for a product portfolio.
- know how to apply the introduced tools and how to develop a portfolio plan for profitable growth.
Trainer input, discussion, group and individual work, best practice examples, business cases.
Who should attend
Portfolio managers, product managers, marketing managers B2C and B2B, market managers, regional managers, CEO of small and midsized corporations.
Further recommendations for „Product Portfolio Management: The Basics“
|Termine & Orte|
|18.-19.05.17 | Hamburg|
|NH Hamburg Horner Rennbahn|
|09.-10.10.17 | Stuttgart|
1.-2. Tag: 09:00 Uhr - ca. 17:00 Uhr
|Kein passender Termin?|
€ 1.390,- zzgl. MwSt.
€ 1.654,10 inkl. MwSt.
Die angegebene Teilnahmegebühr beinhaltet
|Warten Sie nicht zu lange.|
|Noch ausreichend Plätze frei.|
- Absoluter Praxisbezug
- Top Trainer & Referenten
- 95.000 Teilnehmer pro Jahr
- Erfolgsmacher seit 1978